Whether you’re desperately trying to keep your plants alive, wanting to try your hand at creating a salad garden, or you’ve never grown anything before, living small can hamper your green dreams. Few things are more satisfying than growing your own food, but it can be difficult to accomplish when there is barely enough room for your houseplants. What has to be done? Here are 14 beautiful city gardens, plus a few DIY projects, that will inspire you to turn your outdoors into a mini botanical paradise.
2. Mini-patio: Sometimes just cleaning the deck or patio can make your home ready for summer entertaining. You can even make your own cushions for your outdoor furniture. (via El Mueble)
4. Grid pattern: Go for a sophisticated look and combine your patio and garden with a relaxed and neat grid pattern. (via simple styles)
7. Put it in the crate: Plant everything you need for the salad – lettuce, herbs and tomatoes – in wine boxes and you’ll eat fresh all season long. (via Remodelista)
9. DIY garden wall: Build an arbor or use one you already have to make an adorable wall of hanging pots for herbs and flowers. (via AKA Design)
11. DIY hanging garden: You might be ready to grow in a weekend with this easy and rather beautiful DIY hanging garden project. (via Brit + Co)
12. Reflect the sun: We’re talking about using mirrors indoors to make a room bigger, so why not take the same strategy outdoors and âdoubleâ your outdoor garden space? (via Home and Garden)
13. IKEA flower box ($ 18): An easy tip for displaying your favorite flowers without the need for a huge flower bed, this patio hanging planter for the perfect apartment garden.
14. Ultimate Edible Garden: Want to take your garden game beyond the pots? Check out Brit’s Amazing DIY Garden for some serious inspiration on how to grow whatever you want to eat. (via Brit + Co)